1 kg Lean Ground Beef, (hormone and anti-biotic free)
1 tsp Seasoning Salt
½ C Finely Chopped Yellow Onion
½ tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
2 cloves Garlic
¼ c Bread crumbs
1/2 C On The Mark*
1 Egg (large)
*On The Mark is a great pairing with Hamburgers and makes the burgers very moist and flavourful. We source our beef from a local farmer which ensures it is anti-biotic and hormone free. We notice the difference the ground beef makes. Find and support a local cattle farmer, or make sure you buy premium beef for your burgers, it tastes better.
·· In a large bowl take the ground beef and gently combine with finely chopped onions, garlic, wine, seasonings and egg. Add just enough bread crumbs to help the meat hold together (the mixture should still be a little “wet”)
· Take the meat and form into 6 large, 1 cm thick patties.
· Pre-heat the BBQ at maximum heat.
· When the BBQ is really hot, put on the burgers to sear the outside and seal in the juices.
· After about 5 minutes, flip the burgers and turn the heat down to medium, or medium low while the second side sears.
· Flip again and add BBQ sauce * and /or cheese.
· Remove burgers when fully cooked (at least medium)
*Mark’s Wild Blackberry BBQ sauce is a great choice if you like a spicy sauce on your burger