4 1/2 c Low sodium chicken/vegetable broth
½ tsp Fresh lemon juice
2 tsp Olive Oil
¼ c Chopped fresh parsley
2 oz. RCW TLC*
¼ c Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serviing
1/3 c Shallots
1 tsp Grated lemon zest for garnish
1 c Arborio Rice
Salt/fresh cracked pepper for taste
¾ lb Thin Asparagus Spears, cut in 2 inches long
· In a large saucepan, heat broth over medium-high heat. When it boils, reduce heat to a simmer and maintain over low heat. Taste for salt and adjust.
· In a large heavy saucepan over med heat, heat the oil and shallots; sauté for 3 to 4 min. Add the rice so that it is coated; sauté until rice slightly translucent, about 2-3 min. Add the wine and stir until absorbed
· Add a ladleful of simmer stock; stir and wait until absorbed before adding the next. Stir gently and constantly.
· Continue this process until the rice is creamy, tender to bite, but firm in center. Add the asparagus and the last ladle of broth; cook for 5 min. total time about 30 minutes give or take.
· When liquid is absorbed, remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice, parsley and parmesan. Enjoy with a glass of TLC as well…